Our Favorite Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Favorite Meat Loaf is sure to be your favorite meat loaf, too. This classic comfort recipe will take your taste buds down meat loaf memory lane. Don't forget to serve it up with some creamy mashed potatoes!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (see Options)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9" x 5" loaf pan; spread ketchup over top.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Remove from oven, drain, and allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you prefer to do without the ketchup, that’s okay. You could use spaghetti sauce or just leave the top plain. We like to serve this with lots of gravy. Mmmm...
What's more comforting with our homemade meat loaf than homemade mashed potatoes? Try our Rainbow Mashed Potatoes plain or colored with bright vegetables.
- Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our latest recipe collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 306
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 7.1g 36 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 109mg 36 %
- Sodium 624mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.7g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!