Peanutty Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Peanut butter in stew?! Yep! Peanut butter is the easy ingredient that makes this stew so rich and unique. Give it a try and you wont think of peanut butter as just for sandwiches any more!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions; stir until beef is browned.
- Add water, tomatoes, green chilies, ground red pepper, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with 1 cup stew juices, slowly stirring in juices. Stir peanut butter mixture into stew and simmer 2 minutes, or until heated through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over a bed of hot cooked rice to enjoy every last bit of flavor.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 551
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37g 57 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 43g 86 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 750mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!