Rolled Italian Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rolled Italian Meat Loaf is a new spin on an old recipe. We took all of the flavors that you know and love in Italian cuisine and made it into this American classic dinner that is known for turning even the pickiest of eaters into meat loaf fans!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, slivered
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread, eggs, 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of wax paper and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese and basil evenly over ground beef. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting the wax paper and removing it as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce over top.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, pour remaining sauce over meat, and return to oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 527
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34g 53 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 77 %
- Trans Fat 1.4g 0 %
- Protein 40g 80 %
- Cholesterol 198mg 66 %
- Sodium 1,008mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 3.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.