Sicilian Beef One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the weather demands warm, comforting meals, nothing fits the bill better than a good old stick-to-your-ribs one-pot. The Italian flair adds an extra level of comfort to this stew.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll beef in flour mixture, coating completely. In a soup pot, heat 3 tablespoons oil over high heat until hot; brown beef on all sides for 5 minutes.
- Remove beef from pot; set aside. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pot, and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; return beef to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 801
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36g 55 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 69g 138 %
- Cholesterol 176mg 59 %
- Sodium 2,552mg 106 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %