Spiced Beef and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy beef dinner needs no introduction. We've got lots of beef, veggies, and spices served up to bring you one of our favorite simple beef dinners. Why go with some ordinary beef recipe you make every other week when you can add a bit of flair with this spiced-up dish?!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into ½" x 3" strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14½ ounces) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the steak, bell pepper, and onion and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the beef is browned. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the beef is tender and the rice is cooked.