Sunday Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sunday dinners just got a whole lot better with our Sunday Pot Roast. See how a less expensive cut of beef can be turned into a tender, tasty meal that everyone will love.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-½-pound) beef bottom round roast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot (1 to 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch roasting pan with cooking spray; place roast in prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
To make a rich gravy, mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup pan drippings, then add back to roasting pan. If you like your gravy thicker, just add a bit more cornstarch to the pan drippings, until you get the desired consistency.