Newlyweds' Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (2-1/2-pound) lean boneless beef chuck steak
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add steak and onion and cook about 10 minutes, or until steak and onions are completely browned, turning halfway through the cooking. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Loosely cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve with the sauce.
Check This Out!
- Let's make some sides to go with this fantastic dinner recipe! Make our Classic Mashed Potatoes and our Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- For more amazing pot roast recipes, try our Asian-Style Pot Roast, our Cola Pot Roast, or our Firehouse Pot Roast!
- Keep the romance alive with these Delightful Dessert Recipes for Two.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.