We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Reuben Loaf allows you to enjoy the flavor of a Reuben sandwich in casserole-sized portions. Reuben Loaf makes a wonderful dinner or snack and tastes just as great when reheated the next day.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound thick-sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can sauerkraut, chopped, with liquid reserved
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. With a wire whisk, beat in buttermilk, eggs, and oil until moistened. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut with its liquid, and Swiss cheese.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To add even more Reuben flavor to this easy casserole, serve it with a side of Russian Dressing or Thousand Island Dressing.
- Check out even more fun Reuben recipes like our Reuben Dip and Reuben Macaroni Salad.
- We've got more great casserole recipes in our free eCookbook, Blue Ribbon Casseroles: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes.