We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In this moist and tasty bread, we were able to replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to get in a little extra fiber. Our Applesauce Bread has a full, nutty taste and texture that we're sure you'll like.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, vegetable oil, egg whites, and milk; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and thoroughly mix until well blended. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
You can even make this batter in a regular 12-cup muffin tin for a high-fiber take-along snack. And they only need to bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 163
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 0.3mg 0 %
- Sodium 151mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.