Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This rich-tasting quick bread is made with a combo of two favorites: bananas and chocolate! Our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe makes two loaves, so you'll have one to keep and one to share as a tasty gift.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with canola spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and bananas; beat until thoroughly mixed. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then remove from pans.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Canola Gourmet Cookbook. For more information about canola oil, visit www.northerncanola.com.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!