We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Germany, it's common to see spaetzle served alongside your main dish; it's just as common as having rice or potatoes for dinner. While we love simple spaetzle, we knew that adding a little cheese could make it even better...and that's just what our Cheesy Spaetzle is.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well. Add eggs and water; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat; add remaining salt. In batches, drizzle batter from a wide slotted spoon into boiling water. When spaetzle (noodles) float to the top of the water, remove then with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add noodles, parsley, and cheese. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted, stirring gently.
Want to try another tasty variation of spaetzle? Try our recipe for Spoonfuls of Spaetzle!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.