Date Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you have a homemade rich and chewy date nut bread on hand in the fridge or freezer, you can be an instant hero. It's what Mama would make when she wanted to treat us.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine dates, sugar, honey, and butter. Add he water, stir; let stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 325ï¿½F.
- Stir egg and vanilla into date mixture. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir the flour mixture into the date mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clear. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow t cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf.
This bread is great with breakfast, lunch, brunch, or in you dinner roll basket. And it's even easier if you buy the dates already chopped!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!