Easy Zucchini Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a great way to get more vegetables into our diets. Five portions of fruits and veggies a day? No problem, especially when they taste as good as they do in our Easy Zucchini Bread.
What You'll Need:
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the egg and egg whites until fluffy. Add applesauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture and continue beating just until blended. With a spoon, stir in zucchini and raisins.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake 75 to 80 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!