Easy Onion Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no kneading or proofing dough with our recipe for Easy Onion Bread. All you have to do is mix, bake, cool, and eat! The trick to this tasty shortcut bread recipe is all in the biscuit baking mix.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups reduced-fat biscuit baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the sautéed onion to the biscuit mixture; stir just until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until golden on top. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
Makes 1 loaf.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.