Roasted Red Pepper Crostini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You've brought home a freshly baked French loaf from the bakery, and now, you're not sure what to do with it. Well, never fear, because the Mr. Food Test Kitchen is here! We know just the easy bread recipe to add a little pizzazz to a plain ol' French loaf. And you wanna know the best part? Your whole family will eat it right up.
What You'll Need
- 20 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 (4-1/4-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomato
- 1 (15-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and finely chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; coat bread with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with 1-1/2 tablespoons basil.
- Bake 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove bread slices from pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- While bread cools, combine chopped olives and remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons basil in a small bowl; stir in feta cheese and bell peppers.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons olive mixture onto each bread slice.
Crostini is the Italian term for thin slices of toasted bread with savory toppings. These high-flavored ingredients make this appetizer a hands-down favorite.