Saucy Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Give overripe bananas a yummy new life. And in this Saucy Banana Bread recipe, applesauce takes the place of butter, so our all-time favorite is now better than ever in more ways than one!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together granulated sugar and applesauce. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Gradually add baking soda, flour, and salt, blending to mix well. Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well mixed then pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until light golden. Immediately remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Shop for bananas that are very ripe and turning brown. They're the ones that are usually on sale and that give this the best flavor.
- To use this recipe for banana muffins, just coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with batter, and bake ,17 to 20 minutes, or until light golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)