Traditional Baking Powder Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Imagine the treat for your senses, when you bite into our taste bud pleasing melt-in-your-mouth Traditional Baking Powder Biscuits. This old favorite shouts comfort!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add shortening and beat with an electric mixer on low speed 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and mix about 1 minute, or until dough is formed.
Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Pull dough apart into 12 equal pieces and drop pieces onto baking sheet, distributing evenly. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.
Special thanks to the U.S. Navy and to the Naval History and Heritage Command in Washington, D.C. for assistance with background information for this segment.
- If you're in a biscuit baking mood, go ahead and try our Old Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits -- easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 143
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 9.1mg 3 %
- Sodium 368mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 1.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.