We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It seems like brownie recipes are a dime a dozen nowadays. This one was inspired by the kind we used to get at the local hot spot back in the day. Diner-Style Brownies are uniquely delicious!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda. Stir in 1/2 the melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and remaining melted butter; mix until smooth. Add flour and salt; mix well. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla; beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and milk alternately until smooth. Spread frosting over brownies and cut into squares.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 273
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 152mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 36g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.