Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With our Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies, the marshmallows disappear during the baking and the brownies disappear right out of the oven - like magic!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt shortening and chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and chocolate mixture; beat for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; blend into chocolate mixture. Add coffee and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in marshmallows and walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool then cut into squares.
The marshmallows may melt and disappear during baking, but they leave their flavor behind.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!