Double Coffee Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want the fancy tastes of rich chocolate and ground roast coffee without any fuss? The whole gang will wonder when you had time.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant granulated coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup (1 six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine the water and 1 tablespoon instant coffee; heat to dissolve. Stir in the sugar and butter; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Stir in the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, to make coffee frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the heavy cream and 1 teaspoon instant coffee; heat to dissolve. Add the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners' sugar. Chill until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Spread over the cooled brownies; then cut into 2-1/4-inch squares.
Makes about 36 brownies.
You can use decaffeinated coffee or, for a stronger coffee flavor, substitute espresso powder or crystals for the regular coffee, if desired.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.