We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 to 15 squares
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
By using prepared brownie mix, applesauce, and egg whites, you get to lighten up the calories while lightening up your work, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (21 to 23 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon applesauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or old- fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, 1/2 cup applesauce, water, and egg whites; stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 teaspoon applesauce, oats, and brown sugar; mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over brownie batter and bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?