Bouquet of Flowers Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to be a skilled baker to produce something pretty in the kitchen. Here, we started with a box of cake mix and spruced it up with a few simple tricks that anyone can master. Give our Bouquet of Flowers Cake as a heart-warming gift or make it a potluck centerpiece, either way you'll get rave reviews!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 large sugar-coated gum drops (3 green and 9 assorted colors) (see Note)
What To Do:
Stir sprinkles into cake batter and bake according to package directions for two 8-inch round cake pans. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream and confectioners' sugar 4 to 6 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate and frost top with whipped cream. Place second layer over first and frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle coconut over entire frosted cake.
Sprinkle a cutting board with granulated sugar. With a rolling pin, roll gum drops out over sugar until they form circles about 3 inches in diameter, pressing flattened gumdrops into sugar as they get sticky. Pinch each gumdrop in center, gathering up to form a "flower", using center pinched area to form a stem. Place flowers stem down in a bouquet in center of cake. Cut green circles into leaf shapes and place among flowers.
- Cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Confetti Upside Down Cake
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Old Fashioned Pound Cake
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Hawaiian Poke Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Bakery Crumb Cake