Cold Christmas Fudge Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Cold Christmas Fudge Cake is a holiday twist on one of our most popular recipes! The creamy textures, and sweet flavors of this pudding mix dessert are perfection; bright festive colors, and a light and refreshing taste, mean that this easy icebox dessert is perfect for any seasonal occasion, whether it's your holiday potluck or a sweet night at home with the ones you love best.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4-cups) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- 2 (3.3-ounce) boxes instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 5 drops green food color
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Holiday sprinkles for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, flour, 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, and nuts; mix well. Stir in red food coloring until thoroughly combined. Press mixture evenly into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, and green food color until slightly thickened. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar, peppermint extract, and half the whipped topping; mix well. Using a wet knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon pudding mixture over top of cream cheese layer, then top with remaining whipped topping. Cover and chill overnight or until set.
- Just before serving, garnish with your favorite holiday sprinkles.