Spring Fling Ice Cream Garden
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cake was inspired by a recent trip to the freezer aisle. We challenged ourselves to create a fun cake that features a handful of everyday staples that we can find in the freezer aisle. Well, the results speak for themselves, and yes, this is the perfect recipes to get your kids or grandkids to help you with.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 drops green food color
- Assorted medium sugar-coated candy gumdrops
- 8 lollipop sticks
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing a 1-inch overhang. (This will make it super easy to remove from the loaf pan once it freezes.)
- Cut 1/2-inch off top of pound cake and place on bottom of pan. Slice remaining cake into 14 equal slices. Lay the slices down, then cut each slice in half lengthwise. You should end up with 28 pieces. Trim the tops of each so that it has a point (shaped like the top of a picket fence). Line the inside of the pan with the cake pieces, pointed side up. (See photos.)
- Spoon the ice cream into the pan, packing it as you go; cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Place the coconut and food color into a resealable plastic bag; seal and knead bag until coconut is evenly colored green; set aside.
- Roll out gumdrops and using a small flower-shaped cookie cutter or a knife, cut out flowers and attach to lollipop sticks. (See photo.)
- Just before serving, lift the cake out of the pan, remove the plastic wrap, and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with coconut, insert the gumdrop flowers, and serve.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.