Apple-Filled Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a change-of-pace apple cake recipe that you're going to love! We've taken that oh-so-yummy taste of pound cake and added in apple pieces that add so much flavor, you're gonna want more than one slice! Plus, to make sure that this moist, and full of apple flavor, we've added some applesauce to the mix! Our Apple-Filled Pound Cake recipe is a perfect special occasion cake, but it's so easy to make, you can whip it up anytime you want to indulge!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups finely chopped unpeeled cooking apples
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the apples, 1/4 cup orange juice, and cinnamon; mix well.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine the granulated sugar and applesauce for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the eggs and beat well. Slowly add the half of the flour, the baking powder, salt, milk, and the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice; beat in the remaining flour until the batter is well mixed. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a 10-inch Bundt pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Top with half of the apple mixture, then cover with the remaining batter. Cover the batter with the remaining apple mixture and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from the pan onto a serving platter.
- Pound cakes are often a bit denser because of the way they're made, but rest assured, they are as flavor-packed as can be!
- Love this apple cake recipe? We've got plenty of apple flavor to go around! Try our Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake for a 5-star treat, or, watch everyone devour these yummy Apple Pie Bars!
- We love hearing from you! Tell us all about this recipe after you make it. What was your favorite part? Did you make it for an event? A special occasion? Tell us everything in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more delicious desserts, download are free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 218
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.6g 9 %
- Cholesterol 40mg 13 %
- Sodium 137mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.