Heavenly Freezer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds on a heavenly ride with our Heavenly Freezer Cake. This lighter-tasting cake has a creamy strawberry center with a surprising tropical twist topping that'll make everyone swoon!
What You'll Need
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 12 (1-inch) slices
- 1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream, cut into 12 slices
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Arrange cake slices in the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Place ice cream slices evenly over top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, mix whipped topping and pineapple; spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with nuts, cover, and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Just a Suggestion!
- For an extra special touch, we suggest garnishing this with fresh strawberries. Also, if you can't find a rectangular container of ice cream, a round container will work just as well!
- Cool and refreshing freezer desserts are great 'cause the freezer does most of the work! For more freezer desserts, try these Ice Cream Sandwiches, our S'mores Icebox Cake, or our Pineapple Freezer Cake.
- Want more desserts straight from Heaven? Make our Angel Fluff Brownies, our Seven Layers of Heaven, or our Heavenly Surprise Angel Cake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!