Heavenly Freezer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds on a heavenly ride with our Heavenly Freezer Cake. This lighter-tasting cake has a creamy strawberry center with a surprising tropical twist topping that'll make everyone swoon!
What You'll Need
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 12 (1-inch) slices
- 1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream, cut into 12 slices
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Arrange cake slices in the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Place ice cream slices evenly over top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, mix whipped topping and pineapple; spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with nuts, cover, and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
- For an extra special touch, garnish with fresh strawberries.
- And if you can't find a rectangular container of ice cream, a round container will work just as well!
- Cool and refreshing freezer desserts are great 'cause the freezer does most of the work! We suggest you also try our homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches for another tasty option!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.