Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why add sour cream to a cake mix? For the luscious moist texture it adds to every bite. Our decadent Chocolate Sour Cream Cake delivers slice after slice of pure heaven.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Top with whipped topping or Sour Cream Frosting. If you'd like, top with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar or a mixture of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Nutty Graham Picnic Cake
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Upside-Down Banana Bread
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Buttercream Frosting
- Pull-Apart Coffee Cake