Buttermilk Carrot Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Carrots are a vegetable and vegetables are good for us, so, does that mean we can serve up giant slices of this Buttermilk Carrot Cake? You're going to want to! One bite into this extra-creamy, homemade carrot cake and you'll understand why!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound carrots, shredded (about 2 cups packed)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except frosting. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined. Divide batter between cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer upside-down on a serving plate and frost top with Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting (see note). Place second layer over first and frost top and sides. Cover loosely and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 418
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 461mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 61g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to fall in love with this seasonal version of your favorite poke cake. Our Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake is perfect through-and-through. From the spiced cake to the vanilla pudding mix with added pumpkin pie spice, there's nothing but goodness in this easy dessert recipe.