Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're going bananas over how good this Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake tastes! It's moist, flavorful, and super simple. We think it's a great one to share with loved ones, too. So, don't let those ripe bananas go to waste - this is a must-make!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, sour cream, and eggs until creamy. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool. Frost cake with chocolate frosting and serve.
- If you prefer to make a homemade frosting, you should check out our recipe for Creamy Chocolate Frosting.
- Don't forget to garnish each slice with a couple of banana slices, for an extra-special look!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 286
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 216mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.