Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're going bananas over how good this Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake tastes! It's moist, flavorful, and super simple. We think it's a great one to share with loved ones, too. So, don't let those ripe bananas go to waste - this is a must-make!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, sour cream, and eggs until creamy. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool. Frost cake with chocolate frosting and serve.
- If you prefer to make a homemade frosting, you should check out our recipe for Creamy Chocolate Frosting.
- Don't forget to garnish each slice with a couple of banana slices, for an extra-special look!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 286
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 216mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!