We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our whimsical eye-catching Drummer Cake is made from a store-bought cake mix and decorated with fun candy, pretzel and lollipop garnishes. It's so easy to make and looks like we fussed. Perfect for a kid's party or for anytime you want to drum up some tasty excitement.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 to 3 drops blue food coloring
- 2 (16-ounce) containers vanilla frosting
- Candy coated chocolate pieces, for garnish
- Thin pretzel sticks, for garnish
- 2 lollipops, for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared baking pans and bake according to package directions; let cool to room temperature.
- Place 2 to 3 drops of food coloring into 1 container of frosting; mix well.
- Place one cake layer upside down on a serving platter. Spread half of white frosting over top of cake.
- Place second layer over first and frost sides with blue frosting. Spread remaining white frosting on top of cake.
- Arrange candy-coated chocolates and pretzel sticks on sides of cake as shown in photo. Place lollipops on top of cake.
Looking for another novelty cake idea? Why not try our Little Engineer's Cake -- your birthday munchkin will love it!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!