Roaring Twenties Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're taking your taste buds back to an age of flappers and jazz music with this homemade Roaring Twenties Cake recipe. This spice cake recipe combines some of the most popular cake flavors of the decade, so that you have a cake that's so good, it'll make you want to dance the Charleston.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce box of raisins (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the sugar, hot water, butter, raisins, salt, cinnamon, and cloves; bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. When cool, add the lukewarm water, baking soda, and flour; mix well. Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!