Fabulous Carrot Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a fabulous dessert to serve to your friends and family? Look no further than our Fabulous Carrot Cake. This from-scratch carrot cake with a simple homemade frosting is sure to be the talk of the table. It's so moist and flavorful!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained well
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in pineapple, carrots, raisins, and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in baking dish.
- To make frosting, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel and lemon juice. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Quick! - Check the pantry and the fridge and grab whatever you've got on hand, 'cause you're going to need it to make a throw-together Garbage Pasta Salad that's potluck-worthy! This is one easy pasta salad that won't ever make it to the garbage.