Pineapple Freezer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it's hot out and we don't want to to turn on the oven, how do we make a special cake? We pop it in the freezer! Our Pineapple Freezer Cake is one of our most popular no-bake desserts. Give it a try and you'll understand why!
What You'll Need
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, split in half (see Note)
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (4-1/2-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, then line the bottom and sides of the pan with ladyfingers.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix; mix well then fold in the whipped topping. Spread one-third of the mixture over the bottom layer of ladyfingers, then repeat layers 2 more times with pineapple mixture and ladyfingers, ending with a layer of ladyfingers.
- Cover and freeze at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, invert over a serving platter, remove pan and plastic wrap, then slice.
- Make sure to use the soft, spongy ladyfingers, not the hard biscuit type. If ladyfingers are unavailable, you can substitute cut-up poundcake.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and maraschino cherries for an extra-special look!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!