Lemon Macadamia Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a few of your own touches, they'll never know you started this Lemon Macadamia Cake with a cake mix!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (7-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped, divided (see Note)
- 1 (15 ¾-ounce) can lemon pie filling, divided
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What to Do
Stir lemon peel into cake batter and pour batter into two (9-inch) round layer pans, per the package directions; sprinkle each layer with 1/4 cup chopped nuts and bake according to package directions. When cooled completely, place one cake layer upside-down on a serving plate.
Reserve 1/2 cup lemon pie filling and place remaining pie filling in a medium bowl; add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and spread over cake layer. Top with second cake layer and spoon reserved lemon pie filling in center of top layer; chill.
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream 4 to 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar until well combined, then frost the sides of the cake and around the filling on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts and chill at least 2 hours. Serve, or cover loosely and keep chilled until ready to serve.
We suggest coarsely chopping the macadamia nuts with a chef's knife. That way, the pieces are big enough to really give you something to bite into!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"