Melon Chiffon Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Melon Chiffon Cake is so light and different, it's a good thing this recipe makes a family-sized cake. They've never heard of melon cake? Even after they taste it they won't believe it! It's that good.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) package angel food cake mix (see Note)
- Melon balls for garnish (optional)
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Seed, slice, and peel the melon. Cut into chunks and place in blender or food processor. Puree enough to make 1-1/2 cups, discarding any remaining puree. Combine puree and water.
- Empty contents of egg-white packet from cake mix into a large bowl. Blend in puree mixture. Beat on highest speed about 20 minutes, until stiff peaks form and a trench cut through egg whites with a spatula will hold its shape. Reduce speed to low and sprinkle in cake flour mixture just until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a greased 12-cup Bundt pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden and firm to the touch. Invert pan onto a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled completely, run a knife around edges, pull cake away from sides of pan, remove from pan and place on serving plate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This cake is great served plain, but if you want to use a topping, try confectioners' sugar, whipped cream or whipped topping, a Berry Sauce, or a drizzle of Chocolate Sauce.
Quick-mix and instant-rise angel food cake mixes do not produce good results. Use only those mixes requiring at least 5 to 10 minutes whipping time for egg-white mixture.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!