Mexican Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a kick to delicious chocolate cake by making our recipe for Mexican Chocolate Cake. Start with a boxed cake mix and add cinnamon and cayenne pepper for a perfectly sweet and spiced chocolate cake. This may very well become one of your new favorite chocolate desserts recipes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Stir cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and balsamic vinegar into prepared cake batter, then pour into prepared Bundt pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and let sit until firm.
- Think it's strange to add balsamic vinegar to a delicious cake recipe? Don't worry, you won't taste it in the finished product and your Mexican Chocolate Cake will be nice and fluffy!
- If you'd like to add another flavor to your cake glaze, check out our how-to video featuring some easy tips and tricks on making glaze!
- Try our Quick Tres Leches for another Mexican dessert recipe!
Looking fo another totally delicious chocolate cake recipe? We suggest our recipe for Crazy Cake, which is sometimes called Wacky Cake - go ahead and find out why!
For more ways to "spice" up a box of chocolate cake mix, check out our collection of Incredible Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're craving something fresh-tasting and satisfying, fill your plate up with our Italian Spring Fling Pasta. This angel hair pasta dish features some great springtime flavors. One whiff of this is all it'll take to get your family to the dinner table.
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Chocolate Dessert Lasagna
- Banana Pudding Freezer Cake
- Irish Cream Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake
- French Bakery Eclair Cake