Nutty Graham Picnic Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 (10-inch) cake
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
This from-scratch Nutty Graham Picnic Cake will steal the hearts of loved ones because nothing beats the taste of a cake made from scratch, especially one with the flavors of cinnamon and pecan baked right in. It's perfect for your table or picnic basket and it's got all the right flavors that'll make 'em go "yum!"
What You'll Need
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup cinnamon-flavored graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 teaspoons milk
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric beater until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Combine flour and cracker crumbs; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in 1 cup pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
Bake 48 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cake will not rise to top of pan.) Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack
Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to make a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Cinnamon-flavored graham crackers enrich this cake with homespun flavor. But don't worry if you don't have the cinnamon variety; just stir 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in with the flour.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check our collection of Dessert Ideas: Top 9 Recipes with Cinnamon.
- This Nutty Graham Picnic Cake would make a fantastic finisher for your Perfect Picnic Menu!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What makes this brisket recipe so simple? The fact that your slow cooker does all the work, and we think that's just great! Now you don't need a special occasion to make fork tender brisket and we can bet your family will be very happy about that