Fast Taco Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fast Taco Pie is a quick and savory pie full of all the flavors kids of all ages love for dinner. If you've been looking for the ultimate ground beef skillet recipe, then you've come to the right place! With a tasty mix of Mexican flavors and good, hearty ingredients including lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and ground beef, you're in for a dinner to remember with this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef 6 to 7 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in refried beans and salsa, breaking up mixture with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat, scrape down sides with a spatula, and smooth mixture evenly in skillet.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream in concentric circles (one inside the next) on top of beef mixture, and serve immediately.
- If you prefer, remove the beef mixture to a platter then layer with the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream. And don't forget the tortilla chips!
- For a great appetizer, our Black Bean Salsa really hits the spot!
- If you'd like to stay with the theme of this delicious Tex-Mex recipe, why not end your meal with a cool and creamy Quick Tres Leches!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!