Peach Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna show them some real Southern hospitality? The next time friends come over for dessert, serve some Peach Coffee Cake with a tall glass of refreshing iced tea.
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, softened and divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) container peach pie filling
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and vanilla; beat well.
Spread half the batter into prepared baking pan. Spoon pie filling evenly over cake batter, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over pie filling. Using a wet knife, carefully spread batter over pie filling, covering filling completely.
In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar, flour, and butter, the pecans, and nutmeg, until well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool then cut and serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Of course, you can serve this at room temperature, or maybe heat it for a few seconds in the microwave or a few minutes in the oven just before serving.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
- We've got more peach dessert favorites you'll love in our collection of Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!