Sky High German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is not your average, run-of-the-mill German Chocolate Cake. Oh no! This is a four-layered, Sky High German Chocolate Cake! Boy will everyone be impressed!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- Pecan halves for garnish
What to Do
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Let cool. Cut each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread 1/4 of the coconut mixture on top. Repeat with remaining layers and garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!