Sky High German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is not your average, run-of-the-mill German Chocolate Cake. Oh no! This is a four-layered, Sky High German Chocolate Cake! Boy will everyone be impressed!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- Pecan halves for garnish
What to Do
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Let cool. Cut each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread 1/4 of the coconut mixture on top. Repeat with remaining layers and garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!