Black Bean Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 4 cups dip
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
The pinto bean used to be considered the king for bean dips, but black beans have been gaining popularity lately. Once you taste our Black Bean Dip, you'll see why!
What You'll Need
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) jar picante sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
What to Do
- In a blender or a food processor, combine 1 can of beans and 1/4 cup picante sauce; blend or process until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onion, pepper, and garlic 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add pureed bean mixture, the cumin, cilantro, salt, and remaining whole beans and picante sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour dip into a shallow serving dish and top with cheese and tomato.
Serve Black Bean Dip with your favorite low-fat tortilla chips for a really healthy snack or party food.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!