Sunshine State Strawberry Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing beats the winter blues better than a slice of our strawberry shortcake. It's the combination of the sweet and juicy berries, only from Florida, teamed with light-as-air sponge cake and a freshly whipped cream. So what are you waiting for? Grab a fork and start spreading some sunshine.
What You'll Need
- 2 pints fresh Florida strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 angel food cake
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine sliced strawberries and granulated sugar; mix well and set aside for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use, stirring occasionally.
- In another medium bowl, beat heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Top a slice of angel food cake with strawberries and syrup. Dollop with whipped cream and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
Want to add a holiday-festive touch? Add a splash of strawberry liqueur or rum to the berries.