Super Bowl Pennant Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Hr 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Forget the pom-poms and marching band. All we'll need to cheer on our winning team is a pennant cake and a tall glass of ice cold milk!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted food color
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Pour the cake batter into the pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Spread the ice cream over the top, covering completely. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm. Uncover and invert the pan onto a cutting board then remove the pan and aluminum foil. Slice the cake in half diagonally to form 2 pennant shapes. Place the cakes on 2 separate serving platters.
- Divide the whipped topping into 2 bowls and color each with food color to represent the teams in the Super Bowl. Frost each pennant cake with a different colored whipped topping. Freeze for at least 2 hours and serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Use tubes of decorating gel to write the team names on the cakes. And while you're at it, why not sprinkle them with candy in the team colors.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.