We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you took a walk into any Southern bakery, or stopped by the local school bake sale, we bet you'd find an impressive coconut cake winking at you. But since most of us can't do that, we can bake it right at home.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen grated coconut, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cake mix, water, 1/4 cup coconut milk, the oil, and eggs for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Divide the batter between the cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of each comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely. Using a fork, poke small holes in the bottom of the cakes.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk evenly over each cake. Place 1 cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top with some of the whipped topping. Sprinkle one third of the coconut over the topping, pressing it into the topping. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle the remaining coconut evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
- Serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
Go ahead - if you prefer, toast the coconut first to bring out its nutty flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.