Strawberry Sweetheart Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your sweetheart is gonna love you for making Strawberry Sweetheart Cake for Valentine's Day or any day you want him or her to know how much you care.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup heart-shaped sprinkles, divided (see Note)
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
What to Do
- Preheat oven according to cake mix package directions. Stir 1/4 cup sprinkles into cake batter; pour equal amounts into one 8-inch square pan and one 8-inch round pan.
- Bake cakes according to package directions. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place square cake toward bottom of a large platter, positioned like a diamond. Cut round cake in half and place halves on platter with flat sides flush to the top right and left sides of the “diamond,” creating a heart-shaped cake.
- Frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping. Place strawberries stem-end down in whipped topping, outlining the edge of the cake. Sprinkle remaining sprinkles in center of strawberries. Serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
- If you can't find heart-shaped sprinkles, any kind will do — try to find something festive, like red and white or pink.
- Almost any cake mix flavor can be used, including strawberry.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.