Wedding Basket Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hmm...What should you serve for a special-day dessert? Ice cream? Not fancy enough. Fresh fruit? Too simple. But together...yep, they'll do the trick as a wedding basket cake. It'll be perfect, so don't forget the camera!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries, washed (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) chocolate pound cake (see Notes)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (see Notes)
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan, cook the raspberries and sugar over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the raspberries have formed a sauce, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Without cutting through the bottom of the cake, make a vertical cut 3/4 inch from the outside edge of the cake, going all the way around the cake. Gently remove the cake from inside the cut, leaving a basket with its bottom intact. (Save the cut-out cake for a snack.)
- Shape a basket handle with aluminum foil or pipe cleaners and decorate with ribbons; set aside.
- When ready to serve, fill the cake basket with small scoops of ice cream, piling the scoops so they overflow the top of the basket. Drizzle the ice cream with some raspberry sauce. Add the handle and serve with the remaining raspberry sauce on the side.
- If you prefer a traditional white pound cake, that’ll be fine.
- If you’d rather use chocolate ice cream (or another favorite flavor), that'll work, too.
- To make this at any time of the year, you can substitute a 16-ounce package of frozen raspberries for the fresh.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Quick! - Check the pantry and the fridge and grab whatever you've got on hand, 'cause you're going to need it to make a throw-together Garbage Pasta Salad that's potluck-worthy! This is one easy pasta salad that won't ever make it to the garbage.