Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Chocolate Almond Bark
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 pound
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
Chocolate Almond Bark is a classic sweet snack that is so simple to make. Make a pan of almond bark, break it up, wrap it in colorful plastic wrap and tie it with ribbon for a great anytime gift.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) white baking chips
What to Do
In a medium microwaveable bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips with shortening on high power 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in almonds.
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Pour in mixture.
Place white baking chips in a heavy-duty resealable plastic storage bag and microwave on high power about 45 seconds, or until chips are melted. Knead chips until smooth. Snip a tiny bit off a corner of the bag and drizzle white chocolate over milk chocolate in pan. Using a knife, swirl white chocolate through milk chocolate.
- Chill about 1 hour, or until set. Remove foil, gently place almond bark on a cutting board, and cut into pieces with a knife.
To toast the almonds, place them on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or just until golden. Watch them carefully to avoid burning.
- This makes a sweet gift, and so do our Cherry Cordials!