We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just what you'd expect from an authentic Eggplant Parmigiana - tender, tasty, and satisfaction guaranteed!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium-sized eggplant (about 3/4 pound each), peeled and cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine eggs, salt, and pepper; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Place half of the cooked eggplant evenly over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Cover eggplant with 1 cup spaghetti sauce and top with 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers, ending with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 780
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52g 81 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 87 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 29g 59 %
- Cholesterol 192mg 64 %
- Sodium 2,043mg 85 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.2g 29 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %