We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just what you'd expect from an authentic Eggplant Parmigiana - tender, tasty, and satisfaction guaranteed!
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium-sized eggplant (about 3/4 pound each), peeled and cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine eggs, salt, and pepper; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Place half of the cooked eggplant evenly over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Cover eggplant with 1 cup spaghetti sauce and top with 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers, ending with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 392
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.7g 11 %
- Cholesterol 0.4mg 0 %
- Sodium 898mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)