We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a bring-along main dish for any gathering? We've got you covered with this Bring-Along Casserole! It's a down-home creamy chicken bake that has a crunchy topping, to add excitement to every forkful.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package butter-flavor crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups chunked cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers and butter; mix well and set aside 1/4 cup of mixture. Spoon remaining mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly distribute chicken over cracker layer. Sprinkle water chestnuts over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom and chicken soups, sour cream, water, garlic, basil, and pepper; mix well and pour over water chestnuts and chicken. Sprinkle with reserved cracker mixture.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Our Refrigerator Layered Salad pairs perfectly with this Bring-Along Casserole, and it's so easy you can make it the day before!
For a refreshing compliment, whip this up alongside our Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
- For even more ideas, check out our collection of the Best Make-Ahead Casseroles.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.