We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Simmer up some ground beef and enchilada sauce for a casserole that'll knock your socks off. This Enchilada Casserole has all your favorite Mexican flavors with all the ease of a casserole. Make sure you don't forget the margaritas when you serve this one up at the next fiesta!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) can Fiesta corn, drained (See Note)
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (5-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir tomato sauce, corn, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper into meat mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place half of tortillas in bottom of baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas and beef mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Fiesta corn is corn with chopped red and green bell peppers. If you can't find it in your local supermarket, plain corn will work just fine.
- As an option, add a dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro for extra layers of flavor.
- Add a little heat to this dish by substituting equal amounts of Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for the Cheddar. Green chili peppers add nice color as well as a bit more spice! And the best part is that more or less can be added depending on your taste!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.